The Faculty of Electrical Engineering
and Communication Brno University of Technology
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering was reestablished in 1959, and in 1993 was renamed to the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science to reflect the enormous growth of computers and their applications. The Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science was transformed into the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication (FEEC) and the Faculty of Information Technology (FIT) was established to 1st January 2002.
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication provides education in Electronics and Communication, Cybernetics, Control and Measurement Techniques, Microelectronics and Technology, Power Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Teleinformatics.
There are 12 departments at the Faculty, with about 190 teachers, 360 Ph.D. students and more than 4,000 students in Bachelor´s and Master´s study programmes. The quality of teaching is guaranteed by accreditation procedures, one at the national level by the Czech Ministry of Education, another by the European Association for Education FEANI.
There is a growing participation of students and staff in international and especially European research projects funded by the EU (Copernicus, Esprit, Socrates-Erasmus and others). The Faculty maintains contacts with many foreign universities and research institutions.